There are SO many perks to being from a big family, but one of my favorites: Family weddings! My big sister got married yesterday, and it was such a fun (& hottttttttt) day. We were definitely worried about the weather, because an outdoor wedding in the middle of July is definitely a gamble…but it totally was not nearly as bad as the weather channel led on! Here are a few pictures from our weekend:)Hands in for the bride!She’s married! Welcome to the married club, sis. Dress is from Lulus, I bought it a few months ago…But I have linked a similar dress HERE & my wedges are old, linked a similar (and probably way more comfortable) pair HERE. I bought a selfie stick just for the occasion. Worth. Every. Penny. I decided to wear a pair of wedges that I haven’t worn in over a year….Well I remember why I haven’t worn them. THE MOST PAINFUL SHOES I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. So, sandals and begging for Shane’s attention it is.Being in a wedding with your husband is sooooo fun, I highly recommend it. I mean I don’t know how you could really control that situation I guess…..But you should try if at all possible;) How cute are these huge marquee letters?! So, so, SO many pictures were taken in front of them, they were my favorite decoration at the reception, hands down. Just in case you were interested in the least bit, I’ve been obsessed with marquee anything for a while now, and I actually bought THIS one to add to my living room wall recently…Because I am a gallery wall addict.Overall, it was such a great night. I love being surrounded by family, friends, and food. Three of my four favorite f words. I can’t believe it’s already over! Summer is flyyyyying by, & I hope you had as great of a night as we did. Life is so, so good.
Just like the rest of the world currently, I am obsessed with tassels. When I saw these bubblegum pink tassel earrings I knew I needed them in my life. Mine are from Etsy and they are no longer available, however I found some that are similar HERE! I have always loved earrings, I actually used to own a piercing gun & at one time I had 12 piercings in my ears…YIKES, glad I made it past that stage of life. I now stick to one set of holes in my ear, and I really want to know why anyone would let 17 year old me purchase a piercing gun??? Anyway, back to tassels- I have rounded up some of my favorites below, just click the link and you’re on your way!
One | Two | Three | Five | Six | Seven
Ps- You may have noticed that I forgot number 4, that’s what I get for typing up a blogpost at 6AM…Please forgive me, I know how to count….Most of the time.
Just like that, we have another 4th of July weekend in the books. The 4th is top 3 on my holiday list, I loooove everything about it. The fireworks, the 5 different corn dogs I consumed in 2 days, lemon shakeups, family cookouts….It’s just a magical time. Since I managed to forget to use my camera this entire weekend, everything is documented with my phone *professional blogger*. Let’s get started, this is a long one.
Shorts: HERE | Shoes: HERE | Flannel: Similar, HERE | Tee: Similar, HERE Do we notice a pattern with my facial expressions???? Good to know, close your fareeeeaking mouth Maryssa. Anyway, Shane and I started out our long weekend by heading down to St Louis with my mother and sister in law for my very first Cardinals baseball game! I grew up in a diehard Cubs fanily (fan..family..you feel me?), so my parents basically hate me now because I’m a traitor…..But I married a Cardinals fan & you do some crazy things for love. It was a blast, Shane’s sister Kayce hobbled her way through town like a champ on her crutches from ACL surgery & I got a little drunk on Johnny Appleseed tallboys. Living. The. Dream. Shane and I’s hotel room had 2 separate beds so we really lived it up like Lucy & Ricky Ricardo and I’m not going to lie and say I hated it. SO MUCH SPACE.
Once we made it back to Shane’s parents house the next day, we pretty much did what we do best and laid around most of the day….Shane somehow managed to nap for an hour on this tiny little porch swing and I watched Alaskan Bush People, a Friday well spent. We made up some s’mores that night, and I ate 6. WHO EATS SIX S’MORES???? My sisters wedding is in less than 2 weeks and I am stuffing my face with 1400 calories of sugar. Yeesh.
The morning of the 4th we headed 3 hours home to my parents house for a cookout! Can we talk about my niece for a second…..My sister and brother in law set the cute standard preeeeetty high for all other children in my family. After the cookout, Shane and I somehow managed to take a 3 hour nap (this has not happened since college who are we) & then we went downtown to the Petunia Fest. It was the perfect day.
Did you really think you would get through a blogpost without a picture of my dog? No, didn’t think so. Sunday afternoon we walked this little guy downtown to the parade that was going on and I had NO CLUE what I was in for. This guy is a star. We were stopped, not exaggerating here, by 100 people wanting to pet Boone, ask about him, tell us stories about their dog…It was madness. A lady asked to pet him and told us (crying) that she had just lost her dog the day before, and Boone just snuggled her and made her feel so much better. Precious.
That night, I smooched this guy, held hands, and watched the fireworks. Is there anything better than the smell of fireworks & bug spray & listening to Lee Greenwood’s “Proud To Be An American”? Not in my book. It was the best ending to the best weekend.
Happy Sunday, friends! I’m currently sitting in my pj’s watching OITNB and not folding the four loads of laundry I’ve been staring at for the entire day. Productive. As I was waking up from a nap (life is hard), I realized that I never shared this outfit post from earlier in the week!
*Same Pose* I have been basically living in these shoes. I can’t get enough. Love them or hate them, they are PRACTICAL. So. Much. Comfort. What are your favorite pieces to wear in the summertime? I would love to hear about them!
Tank: Old, Similar HERE & HERE | Shorts: HERE, Similar HERE | Sandals: HERE, Need These | Lipstick: HERE
Today I decided that I needed to have a photoshoot with my puppy….Because what else is there to do on a Thursday afternoon? Really though, could he be any cuter? He has the sweetest face & the cutest little doggie personality! I sound like a crazy person…But I mean, look at him. He already knows so many commands and tricks and I am like a freakin’ pageant mom trying to get him to show them off to everyone and their mother. I love pretty much everything about Boone (minus his aggressive urge to lick my toes), and I really want to make him the coolest dog on the block with THIS super cool dog bed.
I’m basically chop liver when this guy gets home from work^ Ah, it feels good to be number 2 in your pet’s eyes. At least I have one thing going for me: Puppy photographer. If anyone is looking for one, I’m open for business. Just kidding. Unless you really want puppy photos….I could do that for you. There are lots of fun things happening this weekend (that includes humans), so until next time….Have an awesome night:)
1. I have six siblings, five sisters and one brother. God bless the men in my family.
2. I am the WORST Procrastinator. I was finishing my seating chart and typing up my programs 10 hours before my wedding. Not my finest quality.
3. My eyesight sucks. I can’t keep contact in my eyes, and I am constantly forgetting my glasses at home. I’m sure people think I am giving them the stink eye but I am actually just squinting trying to see who they are. If this has happened to you I am sorry…It’s a daily occurrence & I’m sure I’ll have some really cool wrinkles in the future.
4. I turned my husband down 4 different times & ditched him the night of a date (I was that girl) before I actually realized I loved him when my friend told me she had a crush on him. *Psycho girl*
5. I’m from a family of engineers, and I am SO BAD AT MATH. My 15 year old sister helped me with my geometry homework as a 19 year old college student. Good times.
6. I’d like to think that I’m a pretty optimistic person. Until I’m hungry, because in that case I hate everything until I get mozzarella sticks in my mouth. I am the poster child for hanger.
7. Gilmore Girls was/is my favorite show. I can watch every episode 1000 times and never get tired of it. I’d like to think that Lorelai Gilmore shaped me into the woman I am today.
8. I have my Cosmetology license, but after working in a salon for 5 months I realized “wow, no this is really not what I’m meant to do with my life” and got the hell outta dodge. You live, you learn. I still absolutely love the industry, but I will never work in a salon ever again.
9. I walk way too fast, and annoy all of my friends in the process. Always on a mission, apparently.
10. I am so indecisive. I can not decide on anything, ever. Don’t ever ask me to decide on a place to eat for lunch, because it will legitimately be dinner time when I finally choose a place to eat.
11. I love singing. But only on my own….Don’t ask me to sing, because I probably will turn really red and run away.
12. I grew up without pets, but now I can’t imagine my life without them. Boots + Boone are my babies.
13. I’m 23 (24 in August) yet I still get asked when I’m graduating high school. #babyface4life
14. When I was in Second Grade, I pulled out all of my eyelashes. Every. Single. One. Not sure why. I had no eyelashes for my First Communion…..Really cute pictures.
15. My wedding day was the best day of my life.
16. I am friggin’ addicted to throw pillows. My couch is full of them, and how many are you actually allowed to lay on? Two. Yep. I have my eye on THIS one right now, but I think if I brought home any more pillows Shane would seriously start questioning my sanity (start….lol).
17. I love to
eat inhale mashed potatoes. Actually comfort food in general is my favorite. One time, my friends and I went to cracker barrel and managed to be seated, order, eat, and pay the bill in 15 minutes. Slightly embarrassing, slightly awesome.
18. I thought free throws were “free frows” until I was 13. How did no one ever point that out?
19. Sometimes I give myself a headache from how aggressively I roll my eyes. Working on it.
20. My senior year of high school I managed to hit my house & my neighbors house at the same time with my car and knock off both of my mirrors. My Mom watched the whole thing and I’m almost positive that I saw fire in her eyes.
21. I will never claim to be a fashion blogger. I blog about fashion, I love clothes and shopping, but at the end of the day….I have no shame in going out in public in the clothes I slept in. No regrets. Notta one.
22. I am married to the most supportive man, ever. If I told him I was going to quit my job to become a traveling gypsy, he would help me find a trailer.
23. Blogging is my happy place. To every single one of you that takes time out of your day to read my blog, you are my people.
It’s Wifey Week at ILY Couture! My Wifey tee is one of my favorite things I own, because well…being Shane’s wife is the best. Check out the entire Wifey + Hubby Sale HERE. I’m thinking about purchasing their other graphics, like THIS one….I just can’t get enough!
Aaaaaaand then I changed my shoes because #comfylife. I’m so incapable of wearing heels for a long period of time, someone please teach me your ways. Please.
There are some BIG sales going down on some of my favorite things, and I just need to share them with you! Click the photo below to take you to any of the products, you won’t regret it. The best part of all these sales you ask??? Everything is under $40! Woohoo, saving money is my jam (Also spending it apparently). Hope you find something you just have to have!
Another weekend has come and gone, I swear they fly by WAY too fast. Friday night, by the time I was off work, Shane’s Mom and Sister were at our house and since his sister has been 21 for 6 months and has yet to go to the casino….We decided to head on over to Iowa and show her what they are all about. I’m not a big gambler by any means (I’d rather shop;), but I decided to put $10 in a Wheel of Fortune machine and came out with this bad boy.
Ohhh yeah. I’ll take it. We lasted maybe an hour in the casino (party animals), and headed home. Saturday was a busy, busy day. I had a wedding booked an hour and a half away that I had to leave at 5:45 in the morning for, & even though it is SUCH hard work…I absolutely loved it! The wedding party was so much fun and I had a blast doing hair and makeup. After working on those pretty ladies for 7 hours straight I had to head home and to make whatever was left of my sister’s bridal shower. It’s so hard to believe that she is already getting married next month, I’m sure my Dad is totally pumped about having 6 daughters at this point in his life:)I felt like I was on the go constantly Friday and Saturday, so it was definitely nice to lay around Sunday and relax. I’ve had a slight sore throat for the past 5 days, and Sunday it decided to turn into a full blown head cold. Yuck. So I laid in bed most of the day and watched Orange is the New Black….Which I mean, can I just say….Season 3 XO LOVE YA. Boots and I had a marathon and I swear my cat can watch TV for hours…Is that weird? He’s basically a human.
So anyway, here I am on Monday night….Realizing that I never finished this blogpost and wondering why it’s been a freaking monsoon outside for the past 5 days. We are officially locking ourselves inside and eating Mexican food, goodnight!
PS- I have re-fell in love with Twitter, feel free to follow me HERE. It’s a gooood time and I love following new people! One more thing, I need someone to justify THESE earrings….Are pineapples still going to be a thing next year? Oh, the struggle.
I am so thankful for these types of weekends! Yesterday we attended our first wedding as a married couple, and I loved every second of it! One of my very best friends from high school came to the wedding with Shane and I and it was SO great. There is never a dull moment with that girl. In between the ceremony and the reception we decided to eat chips and queso & drink 48 oz margaritas….Because a liter and a half of any alcoholic beverages always lead to good decisions.Dress: Similar HERE | Clutch: Similar HERE | Heels: HERE | Nail Color: HERE
We slow danced, wobbled, cupid shuffled with the best of em, and caught up with old friends. It’s so crazy that all my friends are getting married off, but I am LOVING it. In other news, we added another member to our family this week! Say hello to Boone Albert, the sweetest black lab puppy I’ve ever met. We’ve wanted a puppy forever, but picking him up was a total spur of the moment decision. It just worked out perfectly, clearly he was meant to be part of our life:) We officially have as many pets as humans in our house, and I don’t mind one bit.
That. Face. I can’t handle him! We are spending our Sunday laying around the house getting nothing accomplished and watching Netflix….Sometimes you just need a day to unwind, and we are taking FULL advantage. What did you all do this weekend? I would love to know!