Well, last night we had quite the scare. I woke up around 12:30 with the WORST stomach pain I have ever felt, I couldn’t even explain what I was feeling at the time. I was uncontrollably throwing up from it hurting so badly, and it was only getting worse. I woke Shane up and told him he needed to call the doctor, I was absolutely terrified that I was in pre-term labor. I’ve never had a baby, so I had no clue what contractions felt like….But something I was feeling just wasn’t right. Right before we left for the ER, I sat on the bathroom floor and was convinced I was going to pass out. No matter what I tried, I couldn’t stop throwing up from the pain and the whole house was spinning around me. I was having a serious panic attack, and I was terrified.
HALFWAY. I can’t believe that we are over halfway to meeting our girl! We had our anatomy scan this week and I am happy to report that she’s doing amazing (& still a girl)! Baby girl is measuring right on time and coming in at a whopping 12 ounces…Packing it on! I was so looking forward to getting some new ultrasound photos, but since this little one was SO active during it we couldn’t get any good profile shots! The only pictures we have are creepy straight on face shots…aaaaand she just looks like a skeleton; the cutest skeleton I’ve seen;)
Overall, I’m feeling great! 20 weeks has most DEFINITELY been my best week yet. I’m starting to feel her more and more, and hearing that everything is going as planned is extra reassuring. Between the extra energy and amazing weather…I’m on cloud nine! My mom + sister came over today to rip off the terrible Packers wallpaper in the nursery, and I can’t WAIT to start decorating. There is so much I need to get done before she makes her debut this summer, and I have never been so excited to get everything done! That’s all I have for an update, I hope you are having a wonderful week! XO.
Half Zip Top | Yoga Pants
Holy moly it’s already time for my 19 Week Pregnancy Update! Ever since I started feeling better, this pregnancy has been FLYING by & I am loving every minute of it.
READ MORE »
Today my mom and sister walked into the same restaurant that my friend and I were at for lunch, and they handed me a bag full of clothes they happened to buy right before! There is nothing like little teeny, tiny baby clothes to really make your day. My mom has been seriously spoiling our baby girl, and I am not complaining! In the past two weeks, she has given us probably 15 outfits! I can only imagine how many we will have by the time she actually gets here;) READ MORE »
Oh yes, you read that right…Shane and I have a baby GIRL joining our family in July!
We had an ultrasound appointment Saturday morning an hour away, so we drove all the way there to see that they were CLOSED. No sign on the door, no nothing….Just closed. I. Was. Pissed. You can’t mess with a pregnant chicks emotions like that! After waiting for 45 minutes, we headed home….& I googled ultrasound places like a mad woman. My hopes were up, and I was determined to find out what this baby was already! I ended up finding one an hour and a half even farther away, and they were so helpful and willing to fit us in the same afternoon.
Our ultrasound tech could not have been sweeter. She made the whole experience 100% worth it. Baby was wiggling and kicking all over the place and it didn’t take any time at all to find out that this baby is actually a baby girl! She asked Shane what he thought it was again, and after he said boy….She said, “well I don’t know if it fell off but this is a baby girl and it isn’t changing”. I was in SHOCK. Even though I had an itty bitty girl feeling the past few days, I still thought for sure it would be a boy! It might be because basically EVERYONE told me they thought I was having a boy…So obviously I started to believe them (peer pressure is real, guys).
We are loving the thought of having a girl, and I am reeeeaaaallly loving the online shopping. I think Shane is going to be the best daddy to a little girl, I could seriously cry thinking about it. I actually have….Several times. Hormones. I also think that he is really going to have his hands full if she is anything like her mama;) Thanks for following along, and bring on the pink! XO
Since Shane and I just might be finding out the gender of Baby A a little sooner than planned, I thought it would be fun to do these 7 Old Wives’ Tales Gender Predictions to see how right or wrong they end up to be:)
1) Heart Rate. If baby’s heart rate is above 140 bpm, it’s a girl. If it’s under 140 bpm, it’s a boy.
2) Cravings. If you are craving salty foods, it’s a boy. Sweets and fruit, girl!
Me: BOY. Although somedays all I want is sweets….So who knows really on this one;)
3) Moodiness. If you are having a girl, apparently you are more moody. Less moody than before, boy!
Me: GIRL GIRL GIRL. The moodiness is off the chaaaaaiiiiin right now.
4) Boob Test. This one is wonderful. If your left boob is bigger, you’re having a girl. If your right boob is bigger, it’s a boy.
5) Morning Sickness. If you had a smooth pregnancy with no morning sickness, it’s a boy. If you were sick or felt really nauseous during your pregnancy, count on a girl.
Me: Very much so GIRL.
6) Chinese Gender Calendar. Check it out HERE
7) Hairy Legs. If the hair on your legs is growing like crazy, it means you’re having a boy. If it’s the same, it’s a girl.
Me: My hair is out of control, so apparently BOY.
Boy: 3 | Girl: 4
I honestly don’t think these are ever really accurate, but it’s still fun to do! What are your predictions? Boy or girl? Shane thinks boy, I think girl! Once we know, you’ll know! Have you done these 7 Old Wives’ Tales Gender Predictions? Were they right for you? I would love to hear your answers!
Check out if our 7 Old Wives’ Tales Predictions were correct right HERE
How far along: 14 weeks + 4 days.
Now that I am officially out of my first trimester (yay!!!) and starting to finally feel a little better, I wanted to share the things that helped me make it through these rough several weeks!
1. Crackers. These are an absolute must-have on hand at all times. I can’t even count how many boxes of saltines I ate from the time I was 6 weeks until now. I don’t think I will be able to eat saltines for a loooong time though, I am seriously over them. SO over them, that I actually gag when I look at the box in my cabinet. Betrayal.
2. Smoothies! On the days that I threw up, I felt like I wasn’t getting any nutrients at all. So I would make a smoothie in the morning and stuff it full of greens and fresh fruit. They never made me nauseous, and really helped fill me up when nothing else sounded good! I drink smoothies basically every day. They are da best.
3. Preggie Pop Drops (Get them HERE). If you are pregnant and miserable, you need these. They are soooo good, and seriously helped calm my stomach down.
4. Water (Tumbler HERE). This is an obvious one, but the thirst is REAL all the time. Keep hydrated and I promise you will better! Still shitty, but slightly less shitty;)
5. Vitamin code Prenatals HERE. These have only made me throw up…Once! I think that’s definitely something to celebrate. They are really easy to swallow and don’t have any nasty chemicals. I have been taking them for months, and I highly recommend them!
6. Pickles. This is completely personal preference, and I know I am being such a stereotypical pregnant girl….But I can not stop eating pickles! I could eat the whole jar. Everything sour calms down my stomach, and pickles always did the trick. Aaaaand now my mouth is watering for pickles. Mmmm.
7. Last but not least, sleep! Sleep was hands down, the most helpful thing in my first trimester. Since I felt sick most of the day, the only time I felt okay was when I was sleeping. I napped almost every single day, and went to bed by nine every single night. No regrets. We are growing a human, we deserve to sleep ladies!
So there you have it! My First Trimester Must-Haves. Even though some days it was (and still is) so hard, I am counting my blessings that I have the opportunity to feel like this! To all you mamas going through it now, I feel for you. It’s touuugh, and I absolutely will not miss my first trimester. Hello, 14 weeks! XO
First off, thank you SO much for all the congratulations and well wishes about our news! Even though I am SO excited, I had a rouuuughhh week of morning (all freakin’ day) sickness. My doctor told me that the nausea would improve around 12 weeks, but yeah….That just didn’t happen. I’m actually pretty positive it has gotten WORSE. I’m still chuggin’ along though, because I just know it’s going to be so, so, soooo worth it. On top of dealing with lots of morning sickness, my grandpa passed away last week and we had his visitation/funeral over the weekend. I think I handled it all surprisingly well, considering I cry watching dog food commercials. Though sad and not the most ideal circumstances, it was so nice to have our entire family together for a couple days. We spent the time looking at pictures of us all and laughing at our ridiculous hairstyles over the years (so many crooked bowl cuts, so little time). Just how he would have liked it:)
That’s basically all that happened since my last post! Thankfully I managed to do a little blog planning while I’ve been sick, so there is going to be a lot more posts and organization coming! You just can’t get rid of me;) Also, I am getting so ANTSY to find out if this little bean is a boy or girl! I haven’t bought one thing, but oh my goodness have I been looking. Baby Gap is my weakness. I linked some of my favorite things down below! We find out the gender in 4 weeks, and I can promise you I will need to be restrained when it comes to buying baby clothes. THEY ARE SO CUTE AND LITTLE.
SURPRISE! Shane and I are so happy to finally share that we have a little baby due July 2016!
Ah, I don’t even know where to begin! We are so insanely excited. Seeing our tiny little bean with a heartbeat wiggling everywhere is SO amazing. Keeping this secret the past 11 weeks was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do! Pretending to feel fine when you want to throw up 24/7 is NOT easy. Like, really not easy. We told both our families on Christmas Day, and it was sooooo fun! They were shocked and SO FREAKING EXCITED. After we told them, they asked if I told Shane about the pregnancy in a cute way. Well, if you consider walking out of the bathroom with a pregnancy test saying “well that explains why I feel like shit” then…yes, so cute;)
This first trimester has been kicking my butt, but luckily I have a husband that never complains when I nap for 2 hours after work and go to bed at 8pm while he cooks and cleans. I don’t know what I would do without him! I can’t even explain how happy and excited I am to be a mom….don’t even get me started on seeing Shane be a dad. I can’t think about it without crying, hahaha. We are so blessed, and so excited!