This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FirstMomentsMadeSimple #ForBetterBeginnings #MomsFirsts #CollectiveBias
It seems like everyone I know is pregnant at the moment, and it brings me right back to those long days preparing for our sweet girl to make her way into the world. I loved every aspect of nesting, but my favorite thing I did to pass the time was putting together Lucy’s nursery. If I could only spend time in one room 24/7, it would be her nursery. No contest. I have put so much love into her room, and I am so happy that she loves spending time in it just as much as I do! There are a few things that we just could not do without, so I wanted to share our 5 must have items for the nursery!
- White noise machine. Lucy has slept with a white noise machine since day one, and it is a life saver. Between our dog, her Dad (who loves to yell at the tv while watching sports), and the fact that we live in an itty bitty house: there are always noises ready to wake up a sleeping baby. The white noise machine drowns out all of those outside sounds, and Lucy will probably take one off to college with her. You know, to drown out all of those crazy college parties she won’t be attending;)
- Blackout Curtains. It took the first six months of Lucy’s life for me to realize why she refused to nap in her room; it was too bright! One day Shane suggested that we cover up her windows with blankets to see if maybe that was why she would only nap for 20 minutes, and BOOM she napped for an hour and a half. Don’t take six months of your child’s life to put up room darkening curtains, they are a game changer. I promise.
- Rocker Recliner. Everyone knows already that they need a rocking chair in a nursery because well, rocking your baby to sleep is probably one of the best things ever. But oh my word, I can not stress enough how much I LOVE having a rocker recliner in Lucy’s bedroom. My parents bought it for us, and it has been awesome! It is so nice to have when your baby falls asleep on you and you can just kick back and relax. I will be putting a recliner in all future Albert baby nurseries!
- Changing Station. Because of how small Lucy’s room is, I knew I didn’t want to purchase a separate changing table to just take up extra space. So I have a changing pad on top of Lucy’s dresser, and it gets the job done just fine for us! Inside of the dresser, I just have her diapers, wipes, and diaper cream. You know, the essentials. It is so important to have everything in one spot, especially for those late late night diaper changes.
- Diaper Genie® Complete. Newborns go through a ridiculous amount of diapers. Seriously, it is unreal how many poop-filled diapers you will experience in the first few weeks of parenthood. I’m not going to throw those smelly things in my regular garbage can, but taking a poopy diaper outside in the middle of the night sounds just as bad because #sleepdeprived. Enter in-Diaper Genie® Complete! All Diaper Genie® pails are equipped with the Odor Lock System, which is essential in a tiny little nursery like Lucy’s. My favorite feature is the foot pedal- so when I have a dirty diaper and a baby in my hands, I can just use the foot pedal and throw it on in! It even holds up to 50 newborn diapers, so you will only have to change it about oh, twice a day! Kidding. Kind of. It is an absolute must to keep those nurseries smelling baby fresh.
I purchased our Diaper Genie® Complete at Babies “R” Us, and they have such a great collection of Playtex Baby™ products! Babies “R” Us also hosts a Registry 101 event on the first Saturday of every month for any and all expectant mamas, and it helps you find your way through the overwhelming registering process. Honestly everyone should utilize this event, because WHEW it is overwhelming! Also on the third Tuesday of every month they offer a completion event to purchase the rest of your registry AND you’ll get a discount on everything. Everything off your registry on sale? Now that’s a post-partum party!
*Sidenote* Lucy will be wearing bunny ears everyday until Easter. Maybe even after, who’s to say. I can’t handle them!!!!! Anyway, What items do you know and love in your nursery? What could you live without? Let’s hear all about it! & while you’re at it, don’t forget to sign up for the Registry 101 event and register for a Diaper Genie Complete! XO.