Lucy’s Polka Dot Sleeper | Headband | Heart Wall Decal | Crib Sheet
Yarn macrame, ohhh how I love thee. I was looking for a craft to do during nap time, and Lucy has needed a little somethin’ somethin’ over her crib for a while now, so I decided to put together this Yarn Macrame Crib Mobile DIY!
One of the things that I love most about this DIY is that it cost me less than $10! Less. Than. $10! It was so simple to do, and it’s the perfect thing to do while mindlessly watching How To Get Away With Murder (my new obsession!)
Things You Need:
– yarn in as many colors as your heart desires
– 12 inch embroidery hoop (this one is awesome)
– invisible thread or fishing line
1. Start by removing the inner circle of the embroidery hoop (the one without the screw) and begin to double knot your yarn in the pattern and length of your choice. For reference, I tied five white yarn pieces, three light pink, three hot pink, one burgundy, and repeated until I covered the entire hoop!
2. When it was time for my second row of knots, I tied the two strands of yarn that were next to each other into a double knot about 1/2 inch below the previous knots. Keep tying these knots around the entire hoop until you make it back to where you started!
3. Continue this same process of tying the knots with each neighboring piece of yarn as far down as you would like, I think it would look awesome if the knots went all the way to the end of the yarn, but I wanted there to be some fringe for Lucy to look at.
4. Once you have tied the amount of knots you want all the way around the hoop, cut your string of choice (I used my husband’s fishing line….But use whatever you have) to the length you are planning on hanging it at from ceiling and attach it to the hoop. I used four separate pieces around the hoop to make it hang as level as possible, but of course it’s still a little crooked….Good thing Lucy is a six month old and could care less;)
5. I attached this hook to the ceiling (easiest. thing. EVER) and after I had it hung and as level as possible, I trimmed the ends to all be even-ish and wallah, you’re done!
It’s not perfect, but Lucy has loved looking at it today, so it’s a success in my book! If you try this Yarn Macrame Crib Mobile DIY, I would love to see your photos:) You can tag me on Instagram or message them to me on Pinterest (Instagram: here & Pinterest: here). I hope you are having a great night! Xo.