I have been collecting makeup for YEARS. I was that girl buying Blue Jordana Eyeshadow and clear mascara from the Dollar Store in fifth grade. There was also a time a couple years ago when you would not find me buying any makeup that wasn’t from Sephora….I was a makeup snob. I’ve came along way since then through trial and error and I realized, not everything from Sephora is worth the money! Don’t get me wrong, soooo much of it is. So much. I love it. They know me by name there. But there are so many amazing inexpensive products on the market that you all deserve to know about! As a makeup artist, I can pretty much justify any makeup purchase (it’s a true talent), but it also means that I have tried TONS of products. I wanted to share with you my inexpensive makeup favorites so anyone else could try them for themselves:)
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless This foundation lasts all day in the summer heat, stays matte, and is less than $6. You need it.
- ELF High Definition Powder Same exact formula as several high end powders, and it works exactly the same. It makes a mess when you open it, but it helps your foundation look (and stay) flawless. Be careful with it around flash photography though, too much powder and you may see a white cast on your face.
- Baked Milani Blush I love every color of these blushes. Just buy one. Try it out. You’ll love it.
- Real Technique Brushes Amazing brushes, amazing price. Don’t even think about buying that $60 powder brush from Sephora. NOT WORTH IT.
- Wet N Wild Walking on Eggshells Eyeshadow Palette Less than $3, and totally amazing. I actually use this over my $50 eyeshadow palettes regularly.
- White Rimmel Eye Kohl I use this EVERY single day. I love how creamy it is + so easy to apply.
- NYX Butter Lipsticks The formulation of these is seriously the best. I use them on almost all of my brides. They are so similar to the cremesheen formula at MAC, but a third of the price.
- L’Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara + Maybelline Lash Sensation Mascara These are my two favorite drugstore mascaras of all time! I use them together everyday, and I love what it does for my stubby lashes. High end mascara= not worth the price. Ever. I have tried a bunch of them, trust me;)