Now that I am officially out of my first trimester (yay!!!) and starting to finally feel a little better, I wanted to share the things that helped me make it through these rough several weeks!
1. Crackers. These are an absolute must-have on hand at all times. I can’t even count how many boxes of saltines I ate from the time I was 6 weeks until now. I don’t think I will be able to eat saltines for a loooong time though, I am seriously over them. SO over them, that I actually gag when I look at the box in my cabinet. Betrayal.
2. Smoothies! On the days that I threw up, I felt like I wasn’t getting any nutrients at all. So I would make a smoothie in the morning and stuff it full of greens and fresh fruit. They never made me nauseous, and really helped fill me up when nothing else sounded good! I drink smoothies basically every day. They are da best.
3. Preggie Pop Drops (Get them HERE). If you are pregnant and miserable, you need these. They are soooo good, and seriously helped calm my stomach down.
4. Water (Tumbler HERE). This is an obvious one, but the thirst is REAL all the time. Keep hydrated and I promise you will better! Still shitty, but slightly less shitty;)
5. Vitamin code Prenatals HERE. These have only made me throw up…Once! I think that’s definitely something to celebrate. They are really easy to swallow and don’t have any nasty chemicals. I have been taking them for months, and I highly recommend them!
6. Pickles. This is completely personal preference, and I know I am being such a stereotypical pregnant girl….But I can not stop eating pickles! I could eat the whole jar. Everything sour calms down my stomach, and pickles always did the trick. Aaaaand now my mouth is watering for pickles. Mmmm.
7. Last but not least, sleep! Sleep was hands down, the most helpful thing in my first trimester. Since I felt sick most of the day, the only time I felt okay was when I was sleeping. I napped almost every single day, and went to bed by nine every single night. No regrets. We are growing a human, we deserve to sleep ladies!
So there you have it! My First Trimester Must-Haves. Even though some days it was (and still is) so hard, I am counting my blessings that I have the opportunity to feel like this! To all you mamas going through it now, I feel for you. It’s touuugh, and I absolutely will not miss my first trimester. Hello, 14 weeks! XO