Last week Shane and I went on a juice cleanse. These are the things I learned.
1) Ginger is gross. I put WAY too much in our morning juice the first day and I was scarred, my mouth & eyes were burning as I was chugging it. PSA- Use it sparingly, your throat will thank you.
2) I never knew I loved ranch dressing so much until I couldn’t have it.
3) I am weak. If it wasn’t for my co-workers telling me no I would have broken down and eaten their leftover pasta out of the garbage. I wish I was kidding.
4) Cleaning a juicer is a JOKE (I use THIS one). I would like to think it’s God’s way of teaching us that nothing worth having comes easy; because I was stuck cleaning my juicer for 40 minutes every. single. day.
5) Shane loves me a lot. Four years ago Shane Albert would never ever willingly subject himself to drinking juice and eating a banana for lunch. He is a trooper.
6) Before anyone starts any conversation with you, let them know you’re on a juice cleanse. It will save them from the pure anger in your eyes and heart when they ask if you want to grab food. Yes, I’d love to grab food, but I willingly spent $100 at the grocery store this week on carrots and cucumbers. I’ll pass.
7) I felt great. Hungry, but great. So great that I wore workout clothes every day of the cleanse. I wanted people to know I was being healthy. Because why else would you do it???? (jk—–ish).
8) Be prepared to pee 100000000 times a day.
9) When my puppy was eating his dinner the second night I literally spoke the words, “hmmm that doesn’t smell so bad”.
10) Carb free isn’t the life for me. I may have cheated with a Chipotle burrito. THE END.